There has been a dynamic shift in the financial services industry in India. Customer engagement has not just risen overall, it has risen most dramatically on the digital front where interactions have undergone a sea change:
- From advertising to digital transactions
- From content to engagement
- From one-on-one to multi faceted interactions
- From awareness to pre-disposition
Building a digital roadmap is a strategic task, a transformative journey that involves the wider aspect of digitization of workflows and processes, insighting, data mining and marting and other digital initiatives that will form a part of the larger program.
1. Creating a roadmap for the brands future: The creation of a brand roadmap is a standard practice across organizations. However, todays reality is that the digital aspect of your offering can have an untold impact on your brand.
2. Make data available for deeper insights: Digital first brands will need to have extensive amounts of data – both internal and external in order to build capability.
3. Stay ahead of the technology curve: Vision is necessary to be a digital brand. So are the guts to experiement. Stay ahead of new technology. Innovate.
4. Create ‘Zero-Friction’ digital assets: The world is no longer about customer pain-pointsor seamlessness. It is about complete digital immersion. The expectations of the consumer on digital platform is higher than that of offline. Brands need to match up.
5. Allow the brand to define design and style: It has been proven that more and more, consumers are no more pre-disposed to digital brands over others. As such, your digital ‘voice’ and ‘face’ should mesh seamlessly with your overall brand personality.
6. Co-create value with partners and consumers: Consumers want to engage with brands that bring meaning to their lives. This means that brands who make a connect are those who can hold meaningful dialogues, build something new with consumers, allow consumers to contribute, and those who open up new and relevant worlds to their customers through meaningful partnerships.
What’s most important to remember is that today’s successful brands are no more reacting. They are digital first.